Falls Run Community
------ Notices ------
May 22, 2020
Falls Run Residents,
In these challenging and unprecedented times, I wanted to take a moment to provide the FRCA residents an update on how your FirstService Management Team is navigating through day to day operations, pending further decisions by the Board of Directors (BOD’s) in evaluating the safest way to move forward with re-opening the Center and common areas when and if that is possible. As the residents of Falls Run have continued to protect themselves by staying at home to the greatest degree possible, some sentiments have been expressed relative to feeling “out of the loop”. This communication will hopefully address some of those concerns.
As you may have experienced over the past two months, normal routines have changed significantly, and simple activities have become difficult at a minimum. We think twice about opening doors, accepting mail, visiting stores for essentials, or even interacting with family members and friends. Simply put, the COVID–19 pandemic has certainly changed the way we live and operate individually and as a community.
Since the Center closure on March 13, 2020, FirstService Residential staff has focused on maintaining normal business operations and resident requests. Of course, the way we conduct business has been modified to ensure all residents, employees and contractors remain safe and practice social distancing. Management continues to work with our contractors daily to provide continuity and to limit the impact facing the association, and most importantly, the residents. Your management team remains available by phone and e-mail and we look forward to the next opportunity to serve.
Your FirstService management team continues to work with the BOD’s in continuing to monitor the current developments and changes to the Virginia quarantine recommendations, as provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Governor Northam, at this time the center and common areas remain closed. Management is prepared to implement whatever decisions or policies the BOD’s may implement as circumstances change based on guidance from the county or state. We thank you for your continued understanding while the Board evaluates options going forward.
Management has received several questions and comments about recent activity around the Center and our preparation for reopening.
To list a few:
Parking Lot Striping - Brothers Concrete and Paving completed the Center
parking lot striping in early May.
● The Outdoor Pool is currently under undergoing significant maintenance-related construction. New coping, water line tile and a white coat application are currently in process.
● A new HVAC system was selected and approved by the Board on May 14, 2020. Commercial Express anticipates completing the project within 6 – 8 weeks.
● Two new portable hand sanitation stations have been purchased and will be available for activities within and outside the Center.
● Stafford County Department of Utilities are currently in the community conducting water line/hydrant flushing to ensure the highest quality of water is available. This is a routine task and the Association was not provided notification in advance. You will notice that the fire hydrant caps are now marked in Blue to identify a “high pressure” hydrant. The flushing improves the quality of water and removes discoloration. Contact the Stafford County Department of Utilities at 540-658-8616 with any questions or concerns.
● The fitness center and indoor pool are cleaned multiple times per week to ensure safe access for staff and contractors. Frequency will possibly increase upon the Center reopening based on state and local requirements.
● FirstService Residential and our local chapter of the Community Associations Institute provides continued webinars for our Board of Directors and Management to ensure the most current safe practices for HOA’s are available.
The next Board of Directors meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 27, 2020 via ZOOM and will commence at 7:00 p.m. A meeting notice and ZOOM invitation has been distributed. Board meetings provide you the best opportunity to learn more about the Associations current activity, projects, and business operations. Your attendance is welcomed and appreciated. Refer to the Associations web page at www.fallsrun.org to review current updates and announcements. If you do not currently have access to the Falls Run website, please contact Terry Rooney at email@example.com or Dominic Klepic at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 540-899-9958.
We will continue to communicate as information becomes available. Thank you for the opportunity to serve the FRCA.
May and June Gazettes
Out of an abundance of caution, the Falls Run Gazette will be delivered in electronic form only for both the May and June editions. As more information from the Governor of Virginia and the CDC becomes available, we will re-evaluate the hard copy delivery going forward. You will be able to view the Gazette by logging onto the FallsRun.Org website.
If you know a neighbor who does not utilize the internet or a smartphone, please call them to offer sharing information with them or have them contact me at Lara.Lewis@FSResidential or our new executive assistant, Terry Rooney, at Terry.Rooney@FSResidential.com.
Community Activities & Events (May 22 - 25)
New/Updated Information (Members Only)
Draft minutes of the May 14 Special FRCA Meeting added May 22
Draft minutes of the April 29 FRCA Meeting added May 15
Approved minutes of the February 18 Finance Meeting added May 12
Other Information (Members Only)
- Activity/ Club/Group Listing
- Administrative Resolutions
- Board Action Recaps
- Committee Rosters
- Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Meeting Notes
- Neighborhood Watch
- Organizational Chart
- Reserves Analysis
- Resident Directory